Monday, November 5, 2012

Gluten-Free, Vegetarian Recipe: Pumpkin Muffins

This recipe isn't my own but turned out so good that I felt compelled to re-blog it. 
Here's the original.

I didn't add any cinnamon, but did use freshly crushed whole allspice berries and added a tablespoon of flaxseed meal (as I do to all my baked goods), because what the hell, it's good for you. I also used 3/4 cup rice flour and 1/2 cup sweet rice flour, as the combination makes for a better consistency, and further reduced the oil to 1/3 cup while adding an additional 1/4 cup of pumpkin.

These came out soft, spongy and moist with a very mild flavour. 



I had some little icing decorations I found for 25 cents three years ago and figured this was the perfect time to use them. These muffins are going to be so glorious with the Reduced-Fat Honey Almond Shmear from Einstein Bros. Nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment